What did you learn about the Holocaust/Judaism/discrimination?
- It was very hurtful for people that were in the Holocaust.
- That it is really mean. It is interesting to learn about.
- What was done to some of (Jewish peoples) property.
- I learned what the Jewish people had to go through.
- I learned that the Nazis killed lots of Jewish people during that period of time.
- I learned that the Jewish people still have to put up with a lot of discrimination.
- Discrimination happens a lot.
- The Holocaust was a big deal and it should be taken seriously.
- The Holocaust was much bigger than I thought.
- I learned that the Holocaust is still being brought up today, even though that it was over 60 years ago.
- Many people suffered and died.
- Swastikas bring up a lot of bad memories for people.
- Discrimination is still in Canada.
- I learned that the Holocaust was a very difficult time for the Jews.
- People can get very upset when you make mean or rude remarks.
- I learned that the Holocaust was mostly about the hate against Jews.
- I learned that hate crimes are very serious.
- I learned that many people who survived (the Holocaust) are still very emotional about it.
- I learned that there is still discrimination against Jews and I learned how badly this effects them emotionally.
- The swastika is a mean symbol of hate.
- I learned that in the Holocaust, Jewish people were tortured and killed and there were very few survivors.
- I learned that there is a lot of discrimination and its not just in school.
Did you feel that the mock trial was a good learning experience? Why/why not?
- I thought that it was a good experience because I learned what happens on trial and that the jury doesnt just sit there,
they take notes.
- No, not really. I think that it was fun and everything, but I dont know what this has to do with school. It was fun, fun,
- Yes. You got to feel the pull in either direction- the defense and Crown.
- Yes because it was interesting and you had to do a lot of work and it was fun.
- Yes because you really see how trials work and learn the different perspectives.
- Yes I think it was because we got to learn about how the judicial system works and about the Holocaust.
- It was a great learning experience. It was fun. I hope we can do another trial.
- Yes I think this was a good learning experience because we got a chance to see what it is "kind of" like to be on trial.
- I feel that this trial was a good learning experience because it shows us how a real trial works.
- Yes I think this trial was a good learning experience because you kind of learned what they do in a real court.
- Yes I do think it was a good learning experience because it was a fun way to learn. I did enjoy this trial and I think
may other people did as well.
- I think this was a good learning experience because we learned how much pressure is on you in court and how to look "between
- Yes I think it was a very good way to help us learn. It was fun and interesting and made us actually want to come
to school and learn.
- Yes I did. I was surprised that I could actually speak in front of everyone. I felt more confident.
- Yes this was a good experience because it let the grade 8s know what can really happen when you do major things (crime)
- I think this was an excellent learning experience because I had fun and learned a lot about court and the law.
- I thought this was a good learning experience because it taught me some valuable lessons.
- Yes, because I learned a lot about racism, Jews and the Holocaust.
- Yes, because we got to put ourselves in other peoples positions.
- I think it was a good experience so Ill know not to do anything illegal because if I went to real court I would be in
a lot of trouble.
- Yes! I think this was a good learning experience for me. I learned that even though I was only (a witness) I was still
feeling pressured or nervous so it is harder than it looks! I also found out that if you want to be a lawyer then you are
always under pressure.
- Yes. You realize how hard it is to actually be in court and the preparations needed to make it successful.
- I think it was really fun and we were still learning at the same time.